Planning a safari in Kenya can be an exciting and rewarding experience, and by following these steps you can ensure that your trip goes smoothly and that you get the most out of your safari experience:
1. Choose the right time of year: The weather and wildlife viewing conditions in Kenya can vary significantly depending on the season. Generally, the dry seasons (between December and March, and June and October) are the best times to visit for game viewing, as the animals are more concentrated around water sources and are easier to spot.
2. Determine your budget: Decide on a budget for your safari and consider the type of accommodation and transportation that you want to include in your trip.
3. Choose your destination: Research the different regions of Kenya to determine which destinations best match your interests and budget. Some popular destinations include the Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, and the Samburu National Reserve.
4. Select your safari company: Research different safari companies and read reviews from past customers to find a reputable and experienced company that offers the type of safari that you are interested in.
5. Decide on your accommodation: Consider whether you want to stay in a luxury lodge, a tented camp, or a budget hotel, and research the different options available in your chosen destination.
6. Plan your activities: Consider the specific activities and experiences that you want to include in your safari, such as game drives, walking safaris, cultural visits, and more.
7. Book your flights: Research the availability and prices of flights to Kenya and book your flights well in advance to get the best deals.
8. Get vaccinated: Check with your healthcare provider or a travel medicine clinic to ensure that you are up to date on any recommended or required vaccines for your trip.
9. Purchase travel insurance: Consider purchasing travel insurance to protect you against unexpected events or emergencies that may occur during your trip.
10. Communicate with your safari company: Let your safari company know about any specific interests or needs that you have, and discuss any questions or concerns that you may have with them before you travel.
GET IN TOUCH
To contact an expert travel planner to start planning your adventure in Kenya, click the button below: