Applying for a Kenyan visa can either be a difficult process or an easy task if you do your research properly. For example, you must first understand the category of visa that fits you before you begin the application process.
How Do I Find Out My Category of Visa?
Using an online platform such as “Find Visa” you can easily identify which type of visa suits you. You are welcome to visit the Department of Immigration Service’s website (https://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html) to seek further information on the type of visa that you’ll be required to make an application.
What Types of Visas Can I Apply For Before Visiting Kenya?
Single Entry Visa
- This type of visa is only eligible for single entry travelers whose nationalities require a visa to enter Kenya either for business, tourism, or medical reasons.
- This type of visa is only eligible for persons connecting through Kenya to other destinations for a period of not more than 72 hours.
Courtesy Entry Visa
- This type of visa is eligible for Diplomatic, Official, and Service passport holders on official duties, or in transit for official business or duties. It is given away free of charge.
East African Tourist Visa
- This type of joint visa is eligible for holders to visit and travel within the Republics of Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda for the purpose of tourism.
Multiple Entry Visa
- This type of visa is eligible for persons who frequently visit Kenya and require a visa to enter Kenya for business, tourism, medical treatment, or other reasons.
5 Years Multiple Entry Visa
- This type of visa is eligible for USA nationals who require a visa to enter Kenya for business or tourism.
What’s the Process For Visa Application in Kenya?
The first step involves obtaining the application form which can be downloaded online from the Department of Immigration Service’s website (https://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html). Once the form has been filled, you’ll be required to pay for the service fees before submitting the form alongside other necessary documents. To track the status of your visa applications, you will be required to wait for not more than 48 hours before receiving your notification whether your visa application process has been approved or rejected.
Which Documents Do I Need to Have Before Applying For My Kenyan Visa?
To find out which documents you need before applying for your Kenyan visa, check the instruction listed on your application form. Please note that your application documents may differ depending on the subtypes and categories of visas. Also, always ensure that you keep all of your documents on hand, and find out any additional visa requirements, such as a valid passport for at least six months, proof of sufficient funds, proof of onward/return flights, and proof of hotel reservation, and so on.
GET IN TOUCH
To contact an expert travel planner to start planning your adventure in Kenya, click the button below: